Playing split-screen is a fun way to have two players enjoy one game on the same TV, but do you need 2 active PSN accounts to play split-screen? I decided to research the internet to find out.
You need two separate accounts both signed into PlayStation network with one account having an active PSN subscription to play split-screen on PS4. The account with an active PS Plus subscription must be the primary account on your PS4.
I will show you how to set up split screen, if two people can use one PSN account and what PS4 games are 2 player split screen. Read on to find out!
Want the best PS4 accessories? Treat yourself or a friend to the best PS4 products on Amazon by clicking here or the button below
PS4 How To Do Split Screen
Different games have different methods on how to do split screen, here’s how to do it for Fortnite. Check further down this post to see what PS4 games are split screen.
PS4 How To Split Screen Fortnite
- On the player select menu hold down the power button of your second PS4 controller and select a different PS4 account
- Hold X on the second controller and you will sign in with your second account
Can Two People Use One PSN?
- Sign into your primary PSN account that has your PS Plus membership
- Go to [settings]>[account management]>[activate as your primary PS4] select activate if you haven’t already
- From the [settings] menu go to [Parental Controls/Family Management] and select [family management]
- Add the account you want to put PSN on the family management screen as a parent/guardian
- You will be sent an email to the email that your second account is associated , accept the email and your done!
The method above demonstrated by Reddrix is a proven way to share PS Plus with another friend, or family member. I now how expensive PS Plus can be so either get it for a STEAL on CD Keys here or do the above steps. Happy gaming 🙂
What PS4 Games Are 2 Player Split Screen?
- A Way Out
- ARK:Survival Evolved
- Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (Up To 4 Players)
- Call Of Duty Series
- Castle Crashers Remastered
- Crash Team Racing Nitro- Fuelled (Up to 4 Players)
- Diablo III (Up to 4 Players)
- Divinity Original Sin II
- Don’t Starve Together
- All Fighting Games (Tekken 7, Soul Caliber 6, Mortal Kombat 11, Street Fighter V etc)
- Guacamelee 3 (Up to 4 Players)
- Helldivers (Up to 4 Players)
- All The Lego Games
- Littlebigplanet 3 (Up to 4 Players)
- Lovers In A Dangerous Spacetime (Up to 4 Players)
- Minecraft (Up to 4 Players)
- Overcooked 2 (Up to 4 Players)
- Rayman Legends (Up to 4 Players)
- Resident Evil 6
- Rocketleague (Up to 4 Players)
- Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
- Sports Games (Fifa, Madden, NBA 2K
- Towerfall Ascension
- Trackmania Turbo (Up to 4 Players)
- Unravel Two
Do You Need PS Plus To Play Split Screen?
You do not need PS Plus to play offline multiplayer for up to 4 players, but all accounts must be signed into PlayStation Network with at least one player having PlayStation Plus to play competitive multiplayer.
Transform your PS4 experience learn about the best PS4 accessories down below on Amazon.
|Top Top||PS4 Stand Cooling Fan Station for Playstation 4/PS4 Slim/PS4 Pro||Prime||See the latest pricing|
|Top Top||Cleaning Repair Tool Kit for PS4,||Prime||See the latest pricing|
|Top Top||DualShock 4 Wireless Controller for PlayStation 4 - Magma Red||Prime||See the latest pricing|
|Top Top||Sony Camera V2 for PlayStation 4||Prime||See the latest pricing|
|Top Top||Seagate Portable 2TB External Hard Drive Portable HDD – USB 3.0||Prime||See the latest pricing|
|Top Top||PowerA DualShock Charging Station for PlayStation 4||Prime||See the latest pricing|
|Top Top||Sony PlayStation VR||Prime||See the latest pricing|