Sometimes arguments happen on PS4, in the heat of the moment you might block a friend you knew for years, but when you block someone on PS4 do they know you blocked them? I know how embarrassing this might be for you, so I researched the internet to find out.
Blocking someone on PSN automatically deletes your profile from their friend list, so they know they have been blocked. If a blocked person tries to message who blocked them, the message will not be sent and they cannot join a party of who blocked them, these are signs they have been blocked.
I will explain how to tell if someone blocked you on PSN, and what happens if you unfriend someone on PSN, and how to unlock and block someone. Read on to find out.
Want the best PS4 accessories? Treat yourself or a friend to the best PS4 products on Amazon by clicking here or the button below
How To Block Someone On PS4
- Go to the profile of who you want to block
- Scroll over to the three dots(…) on their profile and scroll down to [block] and then select [block] again
- If you want to unlock anyone, go to your friend’s list, and click the [options] button to bring up [blocked players] here you see everyone you have unblocked and where you can easily unlock them.
What Happens If You Block Someone On PS4?
When you blocked someone on PS4 they are removed fro your friends and followers list and you won’t be able to send messages to each other or join parties. Old messages will not be deleted.
Be careful who you block, as it’s easier to tell if someone has blocked you on PSN as you can read later on in the post.
What Happens If You Unfriend Someone On PS4?
Sony will not notify them that you have unfriended someone, but they will not see you on their friend’s list so they know they have been unfriended. However they can still send you messages, but you can block them to stop messages from being sent.
When you unfriend someone can they still see your profile?
If someone is unfriended they can still see your profile and your gaming activity and what you post on your timeline, and can tag and send you messages. To stop all activity with the person you must block them.
How Do You See Who Blocked You On PS4?
- Log in to the Playstation app and go to [friends]
- Type in the person you think you blocked you and on their profile click [send message]
- If you try to send another message, the send message will be grayed out as you cannot send another message, if this happens you know you are blocked
As you can tell it is VERY easy to know who blocked you on PS4 as it’s similar to deleting someone on your friends list! Be careful who you block and people can do silly things like falsely reporting you so be wary.
Transform your PS4 experience learn about the best PS4 accessories down below on Amazon.