Do you wish your Xbox One could download games when switched off? Well, luckily for you this post will tell you exactly how to set up your Xbox to do exactly that!
For the Xbox One to download games when off, set it to the instant-on mode which allows the console to start up within 2 seconds, and select the download games option. You can also wake up the console with your voice, turn on the TV with your Xbox One
I will walk you through all the necessary steps so you can best get started downloading all your games & updates when you’re fast asleep!
Are you sick of feeling unmotivated at work? How about making an online living creating content that your passionate about, sounds good right?
This is the life I’m living right now, all thanks to Project 24.
It’s a course packed full of different courses that teaches you EVERYTHING you need to know about becoming free by starting an online business, with tons of testimonials on YouTube, plus an exclusive community, weekly podcasts, and much much more. I recommend it to everyone I know.
Get access to Project 24 here, it is the best money you will EVER spend trust me.
Want the best Xbox One accessories? Treat yourself or a friend to the best Xbox One products on Amazon by clicking here or the button below
How To Download Xbox One Games When The Xbox One Is Off
The first step is changing your console power settings from an energy-saving mode where your console needs 45 seconds to turn on and converses more energy to instant-on mode.
How To Setup Instant-on mode
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
- Select System > Settings > General > Power mode & startup.
- Select from the Power mode dropdown menu to change the setting
Check out my YouTube video on how you change your Xbox One settings to instant-on in case you get confused.
Now if you want your Xbox One to automatically update games and itself when off, please navigate to the following menus
- Go to settings from the main menu of your dashboard
- navigate to systems
- From systems, tick keep my console up to date and keep my games & apps up to date
Now your Xbox One will automatically update itself and you won’t need to install updates with games as the process will always happen automatically.
How Do I Stop My Xbox One From Turning Off?
Now you might find your Xbox One turning off randomly and you don’t understand why. Perhaps your Xbox One is set off to turn off after a period of inactivity. I will show you how to change this.
- Press the Menu button of the controller and go to settings
- From settings go to > Power & startup > Turn off after
- Select from the options 1 hour of inactivity, 6 hours of inactivity, or Don’t turn off automatically.
Now your Xbox will not randomly turn off! However, I believe after 1 hour off inactivity is a good option to have to automatically turn off, because any more and you will be wasting a lot of energy as you’re not using your Xbox One and it’s still on.
Does Xbox one download games faster while off
There are many ways to download Xbox One games faster but the more activities your Xbox One is doing such as playing music, streaming Netflix or playing games will dramatically reduce your download speed as it’s happening in the background.
One way to increase download speeds is to quit all activity and turning off your Xbox One is a great way to achieve this. Close all activities and then switch off your Xbox One and your games should download a lot quicker compared to when the Xbox One is actively being used.
How To Remotely Download Xbox One Games
Did you know you can remotely download games from your mobile phone or computer directly into your Xbox One! Amazing right! Here’s how you do it
Now remember you can only remotely install games on your home Xbox and there are several requirements that you must meet before we get started
Give Your Xbox A Unique Name
This helps you identify it easy and just makes the process simpler
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then go to System > Settings > System > Console info.
- Select Name, and then enter your new console name. The name must contain only letters, numbers, and hyphens.
- Select Restart now.
Set Up Your Console To Instant On
You’ve already done this but for remote game installations to work your console must be on instant on
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then go to System > Settings > General > Power mode & startup.
- Select Power mode to change the setting to Instant-on.
Enable Remote Installs
Remote installs are disabled by default so you need to change this.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then go to System > Settings > System > Updates & downloads.
- Select Allow remote installations.
Now if you buy a game or you already own that game you can remotely download it on your home console!
From your browser, if you’re on a games product page in the official Microsoft store click […] next to the Install button and select Install on my devices. Select your console from the list and then select Install now.
From the Games Pass app(Google Play Link) on your mobile device Select the game you want to install, and then select Install on Home Xbox.
This saves you a lot of time and now wherever you are you can start download big games from a browser or mobile phone without needing to turn your Xbox On! It’s so cool, right?
Xbox One Instant-On Vs Energy Saving Mode
So your Xbox has two power options, energy mode or instant-on mode, which one should you choose?
Energy Saving Mode
- Powering on the console could take 45 seconds to turn on
- Does not allow any automatic updates, installation or games to be downloaded
- Uses 30 times less energy than instant-on at only 0.5 W of power(puer hour)
Instant On mode
- Turns on Xbox One very quickly at around 2 seconds
- Allows games, updates, installations and remote installations to happen
- Can turn on your Xbox One via a voice command
- Uses 30 times more power than energy saver at 15W(per hour)
So which one should you choose? Really it all depends on how often you use your Xbox One and what you use it for.
Are you someone who uses your Xbox One as a muti media device? Do you watch Netflix and play games frequently? Then instant on is the only real option as the 45 seconds start, on can be quite lengthy and inconvenient at times.
However, if you’re someone who doesn’t use your Xbox to often and will only play in one set session of gaming energy-saving mode is a good choice as it barely uses any energy when standby and is the best choice if you don’t play your Xbox frequently.
Me personally? I think Instant On is the best option, as I can plug my Xbox One within seconds and the ability to download updates and games/DLC when off & remote is too good to pass up and is worth the money you’re paying for increased power consumption.
Transform your Xbox experience learn about the best Xbox accessories down below on Amazon.