The Nintendo Switch is known as a kids console but it has a lot of games rated mature, but can someone under age buy mature Switch games? I decided to research the internet to find out.
- Make an account on Nintendo.com that more than 22 years old
- Create a new user and link the account with your Nintendo Switch
- Select the game you want to play or buy
- You should be able to play m rated games across all users, not just the adult account!
Hopefully, this will work for you! I saw on this reddit thread that another way is buying the cartridge version in-store on buying the game digitally on your computer on Nintendo.com and then downloading it on your Switch.
If your confused don’t worry, I will walk you through the process of getting m rated games on your Switch, and if you can turn off Switch parental controls. Read on to find out!
Want the best Switch accessories? Treat yourself or a friend to the best Switch products on Amazon by clicking here or the button below
How You Can Get M Rated Switch Games
1.Create An Adult Nintendo Switch Account
Follow the steps in my video above to create a Nintendo account on your PC, this will NOT work if you do it via your Switch it has to be on a computer or a phone.
Most importantly create a 16+ account and have your birth year be 1998 just in case!
2.Create A New User and Link The Account With Your Switch
- On the switch, home menu click onto users on the top left of the screen
- Create a new user and once created go to ‘user settings’
- Sign in with the exact details you used in steps 1
- Click ‘link Nintendo Account’
You should be all set to play m rated games on your Nintendo Switch! In case you get stuck refer back to the videos above.
How To Remove Nintendo Switch Parental Controls
- Select System Settings on the HOME Menu.
- Scroll down to highlight Parental Controls, then select Change Settings.
- Enter the Parental Control PIN number for the system. …
- Press the X Button (Reset) to remove the Parental Controls settings and PIN number.
- Select OK to return to the system settings.
How To Get Rid Of Parental Controls Without The Pin
- Click on the parental controls icon on the home menu and click the + button
- Take note of your inquiry number
- Open a web browser and go to https://mkey.salthax.org/
- Change the device type to ‘Switch’ and put the inquiry number you got early you will get a ‘master key’
- Go back to your Switch and enter your master key at the parental controls menu
- Choose a new pin for parental controls
- To disable parental controls go to ‘settings and ‘change settings’ re-enter the pin and change settings and delete parental controls!
Now you know how to play m rated games and disable parental controls with or without the pin! Happy gaming.