Are you confused why your PS4 controller light is Orange and wondering what it means? The Dualshock 4 can flash many colours, so I understand how confusing this can be, don’t worry I will answer all the questions you have.
A orange blinking light on the PS4 controller means your PS4 is in rest mode, or is having problems connecting to your PS4 console.
If you have a controller with an Orange light that turns off and on, I will explain how to fix that, to know what do the various colors on the PS4 controller and what colour should the PS4 controller be whilst charging please read on.
Are you sick of feeling unmotivated at work? How about making an online living creating content that your passionate about, sounds good right?
This is the life I’m living right now, all thanks to Project 24.
It’s a course packed full of different courses that teaches you EVERYTHING you need to know about becoming free by starting an online business, with tons of testimonials on YouTube, plus an exclusive community, weekly podcasts, and much much more. I recommend it to everyone I know.
If you are interested in checking out the best PS4 accessories to transform your PS4 experience you can find them by clicking here, you can also click the button below.
How To Fix PS4 Controller Orange Light
- Disassemble your PS4 controller and clean the insides of the controller but focus on the PS button
- Plugin a USB cable and see if it works, perform a hard reset of the controller
- Test the controller USB port and batteries to diagnose the issue
- If the USB port and batteries are fine, you need to replace the conductive film and your controller should work just fine
If your having trouble repairing your controller refer to the videos down below or watch the video above.
What Do The Colors On Your PS4 Controller Mean?
The light bar on the controller is used to identify which player is in the game. Red means your controller charging port is faulty, orange is your PS4 is in rest mode, yellow is the controller is charging, white is low battery or cannot connect to PS4.
- Player 1(Blue)
- Player 2(Red)
- Player 3 (Green)
- Player 4(Pink)
How To Fix A PS4 Controller That Keeps Flashing
There are various ways to fix a PS4 controller that keeps flashing, and you do need to buy a replacement USB to check if it’s the USB problem.
Buy an officially licensed Power A cable specifically for the PS4 controller from Amazon here.
Replace Your Dualshock 4 Cable
- Buy a replacement cable for your Dualshock 4 is or use a working android charging cable
- Plug the USB into your Dualshock 4
- If the light changes to blue or orange then your controller is charging and it was the problem of the cable.
USB cables can be delicate so replacing a USB cable is an easy way to troubleshoot your controller not charging.
Reset Your PS4
- Turn off your PS4 by holding down the power button for 10 seconds or via the quick start menu
- Take the power cord from the back of the PS4
- Wait around 3-5 minutes and plug the power cord back in and turn on the PS4
- Plug your controller and USB charging cable into the controller and PS4
- Use the PlayStation button on the Dualshock 4 to turn it on
Your parents or grandparents wise words of turning off to give the TV some ‘rest’ is actually good advice to follow!
The old “turn it off and back on again” trick works more times than you think! Sometimes, all that’s needed is a simple restart on the PlayStation 4, someimes your controller will not work due to a hardware problem.
Reset Your PS4 Controller
- Turn your controller over to see the reset button next to the top right screw of the controller
- Use an unfolded paperclip or a sim card opener to push the button inside of the hole
- Hold the button for 5 seconds
- Reconnect your Dualshock 4 back into the PS4 and see if it charges
Just like your PS4 your controller has it’s own software that can get corrupted, doing the above method will set your controller back to factory defaults and hopefully fix your problem.
Start Your PS4 In Safe Mode
- Turn off your PS4
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds until you hear two beeps
- Connect your Dualshock 4 with a USB cable
- Press the PS button on your controller.
Note if your PS4 USB ports as faulty you cannot start your PS4 in safe mode, but going into safe mode has been shown to bypass a lot of controller and PS4 soft ware issues.
If none of these steps then you may have a broken controller, if your that guy or girl who knows your controller across the room when you lose then that’s probably the reason.
What Colour Should A PS4 Controller Be When Charging?
When the controller is charging the light bar slowly blinks between amber and white whilst charging, the light bar turns off when the controller is fully charged.
What Does Yellow Light On PS4 Controller Mean?
An unblinking yellow light is when the PS4 is in rest mode or turned off, and the controller is charging, a blinking yellow light means the controller was just plugged in to charge. Certain games like GTA V can cause your controller to turn yellow when you play as Trevor Philips.
If your PS4 controller is flashing yellow and doesn’t work, please see my post here on how to fix this issue.
Transform your PS4 experience learn about the best PS4 accessories down below on Amazon.